We all know that Camtasia is a flexible screencasting tool that allows us to create professional and compelling screencasting contents.
Many users of Camtasia is longing for the possibility to record iPads and iPhones.
I came across this great video by techsavyed in my quest for a solution . Please note that the recording takes place on your desktop or laptop computer, not directly on the iPad, but rather the mirrored image of the iPad on your computer. I have detailed the steps to set this up here.
Here’s what you need to record your iPad
- iPad and Mac Desktop
- Camtasia for Mac
- Reflector App
How to Record iPad
1. Run the Reflector App and go to the Air Play options.
2. Turn on the mirroring and see the iPad on your desktop.
3. Go to Device menu>Enter full screen. (To eliminate all the distracting files in your background).
4. Exit the full screen.
5. Go to the Camtasia for Mac Recording Menu.
6. Select a recording region that is very similar to the size of your iPad. (In the video, it’s the YouTube HD 720p option.)
7. Turn on system audio to capture the sound coming from your iPad. This will make your screencast easy to understand especially for the hearing challenged.
8. Click the record button. Adjust the recording window.
9. Demo any app on iPad with audio so your users can have the best experience with quality audio and video.
Here’s a video explaining the steps.
- Use Camtasia Cursor effects to make it look like you are manipulating your iPad using a mouse and not the touch option that may not work well using an air play screen.
- Use your computer’s mouse or crack pad for pointing out important features of the iPad app you want to demo.
There you have the easy steps on how to use your iPad in screencasting using Camtasia for Mac and Windows. Have you tried it before? Share your experience.
Until Next Time,
Peter, Your Camtasia Guide